Nicholas Wilton is pleased to announce his 4th European Art2Life Workshop, held at the stunning La Serrania retreat center in Mallorca, Spain. Resting along the foothills of the Sierra de Tremontana Mountains, La Serrania has earned itself a reputation as a premiere destination for individuals seeking to expand their creative knowledge alongside stunning Mediterranean beauty. In addition, this 7 night, 8 day retreat is one of the most intimate Art2Life retreats held all year, with only a total of 15 spaces available.
It is within this calming environment of softly rolling hills and bucolic countryside that we will begin our playful exploration of the creative image-making process. Utilizing imagery inspired from our own personal stories, life experience – and of course the natural charm of La Serrania – we will engage in a hands-on journey through fundamental painting principles and learn how to sustain our own creative momentum. La Serrania is a perfect setting for this, as it allows us to easily detach from the fast pace of our daily lives.
“The Art2Life retreat was amazing beyond words. Nick is an incredible teacher and a very special human being. I am very interested in signing up for another retreat in the future.”
– Linda Wallace, Art2Life Workshop Attendee
Throughout the week, Nicholas Wilton and an assistant instructor will guide our group as we will work on a series of small paintings on wood panels, often working on several pieces simultaneously, which leaves little time to worry about success or failure. We will also explore how themes of change and spontaneity enable us to create our own unique artwork, and illuminate life lessons inherent in the creative process. We seek to engage both sides of the brain, and invite in mistakes, intuition, and spontaneity. We will explore the six Art2Life Creativity Principles: value, design, color, texture, risk, and soul. Generous time will be given for experimentation with new tools, mediums, and techniques, and as the class progresses we will create a fertile environment for art making with in depth demonstrations, music, and ample one-on-one instruction.
With high ceilings and tall windows, extensive oak floors and cedar carpentry, the aesthetic of La Serrania incorporates a sense of modern functionality while embracing the pastoral elegance of Mallorca. We will also have the daily pleasure of enjoying cuisine made from the best locally sourced, organically grown ingredients, prepared by our own in-house chef. Dinner will be served on the outside terrace beneath the stars, and will go late into the warm evening. You can also take a walk through La Serrania’s ambrosial gardens or lounge by the pool, surrounded by the stunning mountain views. La Serrania is incredibly quiet – the only sounds you might hear in the morning are the tinkling of bells worn by the goats, high in the mountains.
“I want to say your workshop was absolutely amazing for me. It feels life changing. It’s like I’ve discovered the core of my art again after being buried for a very long time. Your way of describing the process sounds true and simple – very cool!!! Thanks again!”
– Art2Life Workshop Attendee
We will also partake in some of the local cultural flare of Pollensa – the town nearest to La Serrania – which has been described as a town that has maintained its old-world flavor while embracing its status as a European destination. We will spend a day exploring this Spanish gem, experiencing its sprawling markets, red-tiled roofs and cobbled walkways, not to mention its delicious food. Then there are the beaches – some of the most pristine in Spain – that we will be visiting, as well as a possible trip to a local massive cave system that was once used by pirates.
Additionally, all workshop participants will receive their very own Art2Life Workshop Art Kit. The supplies in your Art Kit were hand-selected by Nicholas, and contain everything you need in order to enjoy this retreat. Each Art Kit comes fully stocked with a set of 21 custom-made fluid acrylic colors, gloss medium, twelve 12″ x 12″ panels, a set of 8 brushes of various sizes, a painting tray, tracing paper pad, sandpaper, steel wool, pencil, and a 2-pocket apron. And the best part about the Art Kit is that it’s yours to keep once the retreat concludes!
“An art retreat in a secluded area immersed in nature was a present to myself I had been craving for a longtime. When I found Nicholas Wilton’s workshops, I immediately knew I found what I was looking for. I didn’t have any specific expectations in terms of academics or to take home results. The only thing I wanted was to give my art all the space it needed, stay open to whatever could come out, be inspired and encouraged by an established artist and other fellow artists. My experience at Haramara ended up being really extraordinary. I had a wonderful time painting, exploring, and learning new tools to help and nourish my explorations. But, most of all, I realized how vital and fundamental art making is in my life. Thanks Nicholas!”
– Paola Lanfranchi, Art2Life Workshop at Esalen Attendee
This workshop is designed for people from a wide variety of disciplines and skill levels, from beginner to professional. The sole prerequisite to attending is an openness to playing, experimentation, and a willingness to explore your artistic practice against a backdrop of shimmering Mediterranean waters, delicious food, and like-minded creative individuals. Please join us as we celebrate a process of inspiration, reclamation, and the journey of self-discovery through painting.
“The Art2Life workshop was exactly what I needed, a tranquil environment where time slowed down and I got to fully immerse into my creativity. as well as laugh, connect and completely relax (white sands, clear water, good people, interesting dinner discussions… on and on.) Nicholas has a true gift of holding such a wonderful space for anyone who has a desire to explore and get playful with their creativity. fine-tune their voice. push through their blocks. learn new techniques.”
– Ann-Britt Malden, Art2Life Workshop Attendee
There are two accommodation options for this workshop, which are as follows:
- Single occupancy rate (1 adult per room): $4,000.
- Double occupancy rate (2 adults per room): $3,600.
The above fees cover all room, food and art material expenses. The accommodations for this workshop are first come, first served. Please also note that unless specified otherwise, all workshop accommodations are co-ed.
To reserve your space, a 1/3rd deposit (based on desired accommodation type) is required. Please read about our payment and refund policies here. We also strongly recommend you check out our extensive FAQ for this workshop by clicking here.
PLEASE READ – COVID-19 & VACCINATION POLICY:
- Art2Life requires all Workshop employees and participants to provide satisfactory, in Art2Life’s sole discretion, proof of Covid-19 vaccination at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the Workshop. Proof of full vaccination (and booster shot if applicable) must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Art2Life reserves the right to make, in its sole discretion, changes to our Covid & Vaccination Policy in order to comply with third party requirements, including but not limited to the following: CDC Guidelines, the Workshop venue guidelines, travel restrictions (imposed by the airline or country), and vaccination requirement updates. Notwithstanding the foregoing, participants and employees shall be solely responsible for complying with any and all rules, guidelines and regulations prior to, during and following the Workshop, including but not limited to imposed quarantine, face coverings, restrictions and necessary permissions.
- In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to pandemic, acts of government, or weather events, Art2Life reserves the right to cancel or postpone this Workshop in its sole discretion, and shall not be held liable for any failure to perform or delay. A2L will transfer any payments made by participants to a future Workshop of equal value, or provide participants with the option to receive a refund in full.
- Art2Life strongly recommends travel insurance, however, participants are responsible for ensuring that coverage extends fully to Covid-19 related cancellations. During the Workshop, A2L will adhere to then-applicable Covid-19 guidelines. Participants and employees shall hold A2L, its owners, agents and representatives harmless in the event of any Covid-19-related illness, liability, cost or claim, including but not limited to medical care required during or after the Workshop.
Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org